|Baked Sweet Potato Fries|
|Chili, Cream Cheese and Rice Dip|
"Pucker Up" Cake
You will need:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 stick butter
squeeze of lemon juice
1/4 cup cranberries (mashed)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon apple sauce
squeeze of lemon
Oh and the good news is it's healthy (ish). The apple sauce replaces the need for oil and well, whole wheat flour is better than white flour (even when covered with pounds of powdered sugar).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients for cake.
3. Bake for 35 minutes in a loaf pan.
4. To make icing, combine sugar, apple sauce, lemon and cranberries.
5. Pour over cake after cool.
The icing is all the yum, and so pretty. Even my sous-chef, rupert, agreed...
Ok, so maybe he didn't try it, buuuut...he would have liked it (he likes everything, even tube socks).