Thursday, January 13, 2011

Drum roll please...

Aheeeem. After months of thinking/designing/sitting in front of my computer for endless hours...the first blog entry has arrived. The reason it took me so long? I am really freaking busy.
However, without further delay: the first recipe.

Num Yummys.

Say what?  All the kudos to my forever roomie, Jackie, who first introduced me to this little treat two years ago. These delicious squares have many names - the saltine cracker dessert, that chocolate and cracker bark, blah, blah, blah. We named them num yummys. Taste and you will understand.

Now there are a variety of different recipes out there, and lets face it - most will probably work because it's hard to mess up sugar, butter, chocolate and crackers, but this is how I go about it -





1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
1 sleave of saltine crackers
1 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used half chocolate/white chocolate)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and line crackers in a single layer.

Melt butter and combine with sugar. Bring to a boil.  Pour hot butter and sugar mixture over crackers and coat evenly. Bake for 5-7 minutes (don't let them burn!).

Sprinkle chocolate chips on crackers immediately and spread evenly as it melts. Place in refrigerator (or freezer for those impatient like me) until hardened. Break apart and enjoy.





Bliss, guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment