Friday, September 2, 2011

No Bakes

No bake cookies were by far my FAVORITE dessert in the dining commons at Penn State during my freshman and sophmore year. Recently, we had an open house at work and I thought I would bring back this yumlicious dessert.


Unfortunately I discovered they contained a lot of butter and a LOT of sugar (which is probably why they were always my favorite). My advice: Don't think about it, and just enjoy...






Recipes (I doubled):


Chocolate -
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter


Peanut Butter-
2 cups sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
3/4 cup peanut butter


Combine sugar, (cocoa), butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil for one minute on medium heat.


Remove from stove and stir in peanut butter, (vanilla) and oatmeal.


Drop by spoonful on wax paper and let cool for a minimum of 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment